Wednesday 1 August 2012

Morning routines (and the skirt)

An early post! I've been doing some gardening so will spare you those photos, but now to 'make myself presentable'. My favourite beauty / make-up / products with today's perfume (inspired by my garden roses - see below!):
Left - right: Jo Malone Red Roses; Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner; Benefit Benetint; Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush; Body Shop Carrot Moisture Cream (recently discontinued - wail!); Bobbi Brown flint eye-shadow; No 7 Protect & Perfect Intense; Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle; Lancome Extencils Mascara; Garnier BB Cream.

Still pondering what to wear today. Planning ahead yesterday (get me!) I considered my White Company white jeans (below) but it's a bit gloomy today and I feel like something darker... will ponder more and report back.

Here are some flowers I 'pruned' from the garden. Boy do my roses have vicious thorns - ouch! - but they are beautiful. I love pink and orange as a colour combination in flowers :-)
My roses with industrial strength thorns.
So, more outfit considerations for today. I think I have settled on my well loved M&S Autograph bootcut jeans, with my new Primark tan and black striped top. Thought it was tan and navy originally, (but it's still lovely...)  together with my Mulberry tote bag.


I earlier considered my striped breton t shirt from Zara with a Hobbs denim skirt, and a yellow White Stuff belt and bag, but (a) my legs are too white (note to self, crack open the self tanner); (b) it doesn't feel quite right for today and (c) I'm matchy-matchy again....
Maybe plain is best...

It's interesting how many of us seem to wear fewer skirts nowadays. I wonder if it is because of issues like leg 'maintenance' (and in my case laziness therewith?!)

I love skirts but they can seem too formal for day to day life. (With the exception of denim I guess.) I find they just take more effort to wear. What are other people's thoughts?
I have this Zara Guipure lace skirt in my online basket - and as much as I love it, I would probably not have much occasion to wear it. It's so pretty though, and only £15.99...


3 comments:

  1. I quite often start the day in one outfit and end up in another. And usually in pj or joggy bottoms by the time the husband comes back ... so it looks like I never got dressed in the first place. I prefer the plain version of the skirt outfit - like you say, it can get too matchy. Oooh - which Mulberry tote do you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue - that sounds familiar (the outfit changing) Bag is the Mulberry Mitzy Hobo - close up on my post today. Ax

      Delete
  2. A person essentially assist to make seriously posts I'd state. That is the first time I frequented your website page and up to now? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this particular put up extraordinary. Great activity!

    Stop by my web site ... http://doctorgolf.org

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I love hearing your thoughts, and will reply to as many as I can :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...