Friday 3 August 2012

Owls and the studded tote

I've had a few days off lately, and you have to pack as much shopping in as and when you are able :-)  I set out yesterday to return the leopard print skinnies - but I ended up exchanging them for a smaller size which feels much better. My tea dress outfit yesterday was a bit of a wash-out - literally. The heavens opened as I arrived at the shops. I will draw a veil over my fake tanned leg running in the rain and move swiftly on to report on my buys.

As Susie So So blogged the other day, there are an awful lot of owls around at the moment and Primark was no exception. I found a nice owl print scarf which I thought rather cute.

And the tote bag I've harping on about - I got it to shut myself up as much as anything else!  My husband's verdict was blunt: "It's naff..."

Is it?!  I must admit it's not something which would normally appeal to me, but still something was 'calling' me. Maybe somehow, through the pages of Vogue or Bazaar (normally read when almost comatose), I have sub-consciously absorbed that studs are good.

I also bought a bronze tote lined with coral (in the sale - £5) which will be a good beach bag for our holidays.

Primark studded tote bag - £12

Today's outfit below:


Zara skinny trousers in dark brown, Zara beige linen knit cardigan, the new Primark owl scarf, and just to see what it looked like - the new bronze tote.

I also have my eye on another scarf - spotted in Dorothy Perkins. I know, I know, like so much else in my life I'm a bit late on the bandwagon with the patriotic theme - but I just liked the colours and print - which will work with the navy in my wardrobe long after Jubilee / Olympic 2012 fever has faded.



3 comments:

  1. You have been a busy little shopper haven't you? I popped past a Primark today to do a return of shorts for the hubs and I had a snoop at the scarves but I didn't see the owl one. It's cute. And I did spot the stud bag which I had an inkling you would be making a bee line for. The London scarf is nice - it doesn't look so obviously patriotic as some. Looks almost snake print from where I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - yes I thought snake-print too. The owl scarf I picked up was on it's own somewhere, don't know how many they had - does Primark just do one run of things and then move on fairly quickly..? Being new to the concept, I am not sure if it's best to buy when you see in there otherwise it may go.. I am by nature a bit of a ditherer.

      Delete
  2. Love the scarf and love the bronze bag - not sure about the studded bag but I think I need to see it in RL. Gosh, you have me stressing about when I can fit in a trip to Primark now - AND I'm on a spending ban too!! Avril x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I love hearing your thoughts, and will reply to as many as I can :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...