Sunday 9 September 2012

A little more colour...

...is what I need.

I've been putting some thought into how to inject some more colour into my outfits, and remembered this cute Orla Kiely sling tote bag I bought a couple of years ago. I love the colourful classic stem print. The handle is long enough to be worn across the body too - so it's uber practical as well as a good looker.



I'm also wearing an old Boden blazer with white stitching and buttons, navy blue skinny jeans,  long grey vest, satin pumps (all Primark) and a Hobbs NW3 red bird print scarf.

I often take my cue for outfit inspiration from accessories rather than the other way around.

Start with a great bag or a scarf, I say, and make the rest fit!



4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh - that takes me back. I remember buying a yellow necklace from Principles (I was about 14 at the time) and then trying to find clothes that went with it (nothing). I just liked the necklace!

    But good to see you're picking up a bit. And Orla Kiely is always a winner - have you been on the Uniqlo site yet to see her latest collaboration with them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's exactly the sort of thing I would have (and doubtless did) do.
      Have heard of OK/ Uniqlo collaboration but been too lazy to investigate. I don't live near a Uniqlo so would be unable to inspect personally - but will have a look on the website! :-)

      Delete
    2. Eek - excuse the mangled grammar there - but you know what I mean!

      Delete
  2. Can't beat an Orla Kiely bag for a quick injection of colour!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I love hearing your thoughts, and will reply to as many as I can :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...