Wednesday 5 June 2013

Back to black with a side order of pink

Well, actually the colour was (is) navy - but you know the state of my photos. I try I really do. I even discovered if I tapped my iPhone screen it lightens the picture - but even with this still it's not much better. But I digress. Hopefully you'll somehow get the idea.

Monsoon navy  (honest!) 'Willow' tunic, Toast sandals, nondescript black botton half.


It's this navy linen tunic from Monsoon. (It looks better in real life than on the website,  and indeed on my photo, I think!)

Now I haven't been into Monsoon for ages, the last few times I did venture inside there was nothing I liked, and I just stopped looking.  However, wander past again I did and this tunic is a good buy. It comes in coral, pale blue chambray and pale blue ticking / shirting type fabric as well. I also think that Monsoon have revised their pricing (downwards) as I'm sure a few years ago they would have been asking more like £65 for a linen top - their prices had got ridiculous for what was on offer in my view. However, at £45 for a natural fabric and a really versatile top - I'm in!

I may even go back to buy another in a different colour - if this buying strategy was good enough for Jackie O then it's good enough for me. OK granted, her multiples were probably from Dior / Chanel  but one day....!  Comes up large though. I would size down for future colours.

I also have more shoes to report.


 I've had my eye on these Jigsaw 'Panama' espadrille wedges for a while, again at £79 didn't seem unreasonable (for Jigsaw) - their shoes have always lasted well and I think these were a good investment buy as I know I'll get loads of wear from them. They are really comfortable to wear too.  



These pink ones from LK Bennett outlet - with an extra 20% off when I visited they rang in at £40 which was too good to miss. Flats are always useful and nice to have a pretty summery colour while this weather lasts.

Think I'm definitely all 'shoed' out now....




8 comments:

  1. LOL at your photo issues - I'm exactly the same. Adore those LK ballet flats. They're just such a gorgeous, girly, summery colour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I may need to buy some proper photography equipment - but hesitate as I would probably still manage to foul the photos up somehow! The flats are just such a pretty colour aren't they? x

      Delete
  2. I can't get enough of shoes at the moment - I need high ones, low ones, shopping ones, ones to hang out with the kids, ones just for the sake of it and other ones because I'm worth it. Is that enough reasons and justification? But Jigsaw shoes are good like you say - you'll get a lot of wear out of the Panama sandals. And I struggle with LK Bennett, they do strange sizing which never seem to quite fit me.

    And when you crack the lighting for the photos, I'll probably faint ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sue - I feel like that about shoes at the moment too - my show purchases have been outweighing all else. Love your list of reasons / usage!!

      Agree LK Bennett sizing can be strange - I have 2 belts - one medium/large which is so large it would still fit me if I were an elephant, and one small/medium - which barely fastens on the smallest buckle. I am probably about average size so I find this very odd!

      Delete
  3. Those wedges are great, they look very comfortable with just enough height!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - they are indeedy super comfy. x

      Delete
  4. Fantastic buys - especially the pink pumps! Would you believe my phone makes black look navy. Go figure! Lovely to catch up with your blog again lovely lady, you're looking great x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Avril, it's great to be near an LK Bennett outlet no?! Great to be back up to speed with blogging and catching up with everyone else too. x

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I love hearing your thoughts, and will reply to as many as I can :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...